Monday, May 28, 2007

ADHD

I was chatting with a friend who I have known for a long time already, and she told me that she just watched Spiderman with her son and recommended it to me. I told her I no longer watch movies in theaters but I do watch DVD's at home (but very rarely) because I cannot concentrate on a two hour movie long enough before my mind would wander off elsewhere. I would get bored even if it's an interesting movie. And then I told her about my weird habit of channel surfing. Yep, you read that right. I channel surf a lot that nobody can actually stand watching TV with me, without having the urge to wrestle the remote away from me or leave and do something else. She told me that I probably have ADHD, then I told her now I know why nobody would watch tv with ME when I'm the one holding the remote hehehe......

from an ADHD support group website:

What Is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -
ADD or ADHD?

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, often called ADD or ADHD, is a diagnostic label that we give to children and adults who have significant problems in four main areas of their lives:

  • Inattention,
  • Impulsivity,
  • Hyperactivity,
  • Boredom.

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a neurologically based disorder.

After reading this I realize that 1 and 4 DO apply to me to a certain extent and that I am guilty of 2 and 3 too but not very often that it's disrupting my everyday life. This is actually not a bad thing at least now when I become restless, bored, unreasonably bubbly, or plain uncommunicative I already have a scientifically valid alibi. I HAVE ADHD. HEHEHEHE....

DISCLAIMER: this is just me blabbing, I have never been diagnosed with or even consulted a doctor regarding ADHD.


No comments: